For many teachers and Catechists it is never too early to plan ahead. This is a great app, so if Advent(Use it for Lent too) isn’t approaching soon, bookmark it for later, and if it is … You will want to get your hands on this app. It has been reviewed on Today’s Catholic Teacher.com
Introducing the Christmas Tree of Kindness Pro, a simple way to encourage all to perform acts of kindness. Enjoy all year or as a Countdown to Christmas/Advent activity!
Select a tree and theme, then decorate your tree with ornaments. All ornaments are earned by performing simple acts of kindness! You can name trees different names, so if you want to have one that is for your family, and one for your friends, you can do that too.
You can choose from a series of suggested deeds (acts) or create your own list of kindness acts. Once you have completed your tree you will receive a star at the top of the tree and hear Christmas music!
PRO VERSION ONLY: Invite family and friends to join your tree so you can all work on decorating a tree together, helping you stay connected during the holiday season!
Share your tree with family and friends via Facebook, Twitter, email or text. Help make the world a kinder place one ornament at a time![/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]I would definitely recommend going with the Pro version. It is only 1.99 USD, and offers great integrations with connecting people to you and the acts of kindness. You can connect to the app stores directly (iOS Non Pro and iOS Pro Version and Android Non Pro and Android Pro Version), and download from Christmastreeofkindness.com.
Many teachers and principals are looking forward to using this innovative App on iPads and Smart Boards during Advent and Christmas because:
- Kind acts may be completed in honour of Jesus’ Birthday;
- Helps keep the focus of the holiday season on Jesus’ birth and the spirit of giving;
- Students, teachers, parents and parishioners are empowered to work collaboratively utilizing this common resource;
- Christmas cards, ornaments and classroom decorations may be made using images of completed trees;
- Contact the Christmas Tree of Kindness Team at [email protected] if you have any questions or if you would like your classroom, school, Parish community, family and friends to be acknowledged on Social Media as being part of the Kindness Team.
- A Christmas card (Made on Shutterfly) You can save the finished tree on your phone and send to other sites, or print it from your phone. Free Christmas card templates are available on the Internet (here is a good one).
- 3 Christmas tree ornaments, one large tree with completed trees as ornaments (Could be used in a school-wide campaign and each person or class contributes a completed tree.) Trees can be found on Amazon (with lights or without) or CatholicCompany has a Jesse Tree Kit that you could add it to. (#CommissionsEarned [It’s how I survive :) ])
- 2 framed trees that may be given as Christmas gifts and a special box that could hold some Christmas treasures.
Leave A Comment