Our Sunday Visitor’s 365 Days to Mercy app, free in the iTunes and Google Play app stores, is designed to accompany you on a spiritual journey during the Jubilee Year of Mercy proclaimed by Pope Francis.
The official Year of Mercy is December 8, 2015 to November 20, 2016, but daily inspiration, stories, and news began appearing in the app on November 20, 2015, giving you a full 365 Days to Mercy.
It’s the Year of Mercy, we could all use a little more mercy in our lives. The app is free, and so is mercy. Every Catholic with a phone should install this free app and use it for the year.
365 Days to Mercy is designed to accompany you on a spiritual journey during the Jubilee Year of Mercy (Dec. 8, 2015-Nov. 20, 2016) proclaimed by Pope Francis. The theme for the year ‘Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful,’ is reflected in the elements of the app:
- An explanation of the Year of Mercy
- Daily Mercy reflections
- Everyday Scripture reflections
- OSV Bookshelf excerpts
- Year of Mercy resources
- Daily Pope tweets
- Year of Mercy news stories
- Chaplet of Divine Mercy
The app draws on the wide and faithfully Catholic resources from Our Sunday Visitor:
- Daily reflections written specifically for the Year of Mercy
- Year-long coverage of Year of Mercy events from OSV Newsweekly
- Excerpts from the official catechetical resources
- Excerpts from OSV books and products
- Pope Francis quotes from his tweets
- Chaplet & novena prayers