What is Breadbox Media?
Breadbox Media is a one-of-a-kind, Catholic based, spiritually-focused, podcast network.
Who are we?
Breadbox Media features some of the biggest names in Catholic media including Catholic Answers, Lisa Hendey, Rod Bennett and John Michael Talbot.
Where are we?
These are just some of the podcasts you can find within the breadbox media app. Their complete line up changes very rapidly, and our complete line up of shows is expanding! You can see all of the current line up within the app, or at www.breadboxmedia.com
This app is marvellous at brining together really great content all in one place. Their website lists podcasts by genre, so if you are looking for something specific, it may be a good idea to head over there first.
One of my small hang ups for this app is that app is that it doesn’t remember where where if you stop listening. That may be a bit much to ask of an app, but I think if you are going to focus on the podcast area, you should cater to it. This can be worked around though. if you to the the breadbox media page, and you find your podcast on the homepage, you can click on it, and get all of the subscription episode information. This will allow you to subscribe with the Apple podcast app, and the google play app, or what ever podcast catcher you use. Each of the episodes has links in the details, and summaries where there are available. www.breadboxmedia.com. For example John Michael Talbot has his 6 season series, and you can subscribe in multiple ways here.
Dr. Scott Hahn, which many of you will know as a great Catholic teacher, theologian, and speaker, has a series called the Road to Emmaus. You can see all the details here.
I did take some review points for the design of the app, I would like there to be larger icons so that you could read the title. And I would love it if there were links to directly subscribe to the Apple Podcast app, or google Play links right within the app. None of these are deal breakers. It is superb that one can get this app for free and have access to such high level faithful speaker and podcast artists.
We love it and we hope that you will too!!
Here is a list of just SOME of the podcasts that you may encounter in the Breadbox Media app.
- Liturgy Live : Catholic Link
- Lisa Hedley and Friends
- The Road to Emmaus with Scott Hahn
- Sonja Corbitt: the Bible Study Evangelista
- Champions Podcast: Activating Faith through Sports
- Catholic Dad’s Podcast
- Catholic Man Show
- Holy Smokes Catholic Review
- Catholic Sports Radio
- The Bear Woznick Adventure
- Good Things Radio with Brooke Taylor
- The Dignity of Women: Kimberly Cook
- Coffee and Pearls: 15 Minutes of Wisdom for Catholic Moms
- Sterling Jaquith Catholic Minimalist
- A Seeking Heart with Allison Gingras
- Quote Me with Lindsay Schlegel
- WINE: Women in the New Evangelization
- Thriving in the Trenches Podcast
- Journey with Judy
- The Story in the Bible
- No Spin Homilies by Fr. Dan Volkert
- Reflexiones de las Buenas Nuevas
- Church Nativity Weekly Message
- Gospel Reflections Bishop Ronald Gainer
- Two Guys and a Gospel
- Fr. Dwight Longenecker’s Characters of the Reformation
- Catholic Answers : Focus
- Beneath the Surface with Paul Merano
- Pregúntale al Padre
- Theology Encore Boise
- Jesus as the Unified Field Theory
- Young Catholics Respond
- Why Do Catholics
- Shoot the Shitake with Father Leo
- Setting the Record Straight
- The Rebuilt Parish Podcast
- Live a Little
- Inscapes : Stories of Personal Calling
- Forte Catholic hosted by Taylor Schroll
- Footsteps to Heaven with Terry Modica
- Five Minutes with Tony Agnesi
- Clumsy Theosis
- Catholic Answers Live
- All Things are Possible with GOD! John Michael Talbot
- Ocean Sunrise Catechism
- Clean Sweep : Fr. Ed Broom
- Musings from a Catholic Evangelist
- Know the Faith, Defend the Faith with William Hemsworth
- Touching the Sunrise : Sr. Kathryn’s Podcast
- The Storytellers with Tony Agnesi
- Raising Saints : Helping Kids Hear God’s Voice
- Need Hope? The Gary Zimak Show
- Simply Holy: Holiness made simple with Mary as Mentor
- The Frank Friar
- Real Living
- Off the Shelf with Pete Socks
- The John 3:30 Podcast
- Fr. Dwight Longenecker’s True Fairytales
- Salt and Light
- Compass Catholic Ministries : Managing Your Money God’s Way
- Forming Faithful Families
- Church n’Ann on Finance
- Fr. Dwight Longenecker : Stories of the Unexpected
- Mary’s Touch Podcast
- 33 Days to Morning Glory Podcast
- Out of the Blue
- Tools to Ready the Journey
It is a simple app but has everything in one place.
There are an amazing number of podcasts, and audio series to listen to.
The layout of this screen gives you the ability to quickly swipe through many podcasts, all of them you know are shared among Catholics. You can be sure of the quality and the content being on target.
Listening to previous episodes is easy, just scroll down and click play. Clicking on the episode, you can DOWNLOAD it right to your device for offline listening, or start the playback immediately.
Hope you download and enjoy using with your students, family and friends!!!
Podcasts are everywhere now. People and businesses are constantly launching and creating podcasts, listening to new podcasts, and talking about podcasts. But, you may be wondering, with all this talk of podcasts, “what even is a podcast?” Not to worry, we will break down the nuts and bolts of all that you need to know about podcasts below.
It is important to note that podcasts are generally free to listen to.
A podcast is a series of on-demand audio files (there are video ones as well) that often focus on a particular topic or theme. Podcasts can be accessed via a computer, tablet, or smart phone, Google Home, Apple HomePod and downloaded so that they can be listened to at any time. Listeners can be automatically updated of new episodes in a podcast by subscribing to their chosen podcast from within their podcast catcher.
The term podcast is actually a portmanteau of iPod and Broadcast. The “pod” of podcast is borrowed from Apple’s “iPod” digital media player, while the “cast” portion of podcast is taken from the radio term “broadcast.”
On your computer, you are able to listen to podcasts directly from the podcast’s website, on iTunes, on Spotify, or Google Play Music. There are also many other podcast listening websites and desktop apps for podcasts, so a Google search will provide several other options for you to listen to a podcast. Generally, a podcast website will direct you to all of the locations that you can listen to their podcast.
Smartphone / iPod / iPad / Tablet
Similarly to listening on your computer, you can listen to podcasts on the podcast’s website, iTunes, and Spotify. iPhones specifically have an Apple Podcasts app already pre-downloaded (or you can install it), so you are able to easily access the podcasts that you want. As for Android, there are many specific podcast apps available for download, including Sticher, Google Podcasts, Overcast, BeyondPod, and Grover Pro among many others.
Once you have your app or website, just search for the title of the Podcast, and subscribe. You can listen to past episodes, and get notified of new episodes.
There are lots of great Catholic Podcasts out there, this is just one of them.