What a year it is been! Remember last year? Many of us took in the Best Lent Ever program and it was fantastic. This year we are bringing in a number of apps and programs that are available to you to once again make Easter more meaningful and to help your faith life grow and expand. What a great opportunity to know God personally, to spend time with Him, and really learn to love God with your whole being.
We have several great excuses for you not to give up your iPhone, iPad, or Android device. These apps that will help, encourage, motivate, and of course inspire you to deeper prayer.
Once again this year I have a few recommendations and the first isn’t an app at all but a site.
Dynamic Catholic presents Best Lent Ever (Free Email Sign Up for Lent)
ABOUT BEST LENT EVER 2021
It’s a free email program that will guide you on an incredible journey toward the-best-version-of-yourself. From Ash Wednesday to Easter, you’ll discover ways to transform your life in forty days.
Feed Your Soul with Prayer this Lent!
Nothing will transform your life so completely, absolutely, and forever like really learning how to pray. That’s why this year’s BEST LENT EVER journeys through Matthew Kelly’s latest book, I Heard God Laugh: A Practical Guide to Life’s Essential Daily Habit.
Beginning on Ash Wednesday and continuing through all forty days of Lent, you will receive a daily email with a short video to help you reconnect with yourself and your God.
If you choose to throw yourself into this experience, we promise you that you will be surprised by what God can do in your life with just an email, a short video and an open heart. So this year, don’t just sign up for BEST LENT EVER, have your best lent ever!
This Lenten Companion App designed to help you live all the graces of Lent.
For just under $3.00 you can have daily reflections as well as the readings of each daily mass for all of Lent. That is such a great price to have everything all in one place. Prepare your heart during the precious days leading up to Easter. I highlight recommend this resource, and it is a great companion.
A Companion for the Forty Days of Lent (from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday)
Presented in a day-by-day format, the Magnificat Lenten App includes:
- Inspiring daily Lenten reflections by gifted Catholic writers
- Morning and evening prayers, inspired by the Liturgy of the Hours
- Readings and prayers of each daily Mass
- Faith-filled essays
- Prayers, poetry, and devotions
- Lenten Penance Service
- Meditations for the Way of the Cross
- A treasury of spiritual insights
- A selection of audio Hymns to enjoy
By spending a few moments meditating on the inspiring daily reflections and the short prayers that follow them, you will deepen your relationship with Jesus, his Blessed Mother, and his Church.
Let the profound yet practical insights you will find in this little spiritual treasury form and focus your spiritual life, filling it with new conviction and purpose.
Are you or a loved one looking for a way this Lent to return to the Church or to develop a more fervent practice of your faith? The Magnificat Lenten Companion 2021 is the perfect help.
If you like the Lenten Companion, please try the Magnificat APP!
Liturgical source: United States Conference of Catholic Bishops & ICEL.
We have a great review here of this app.
Helping you to meditate during Lent season with these meditations by St. Thomas Aquinas.
There are meditations for 63 days starting from Septuagesima Sunday until Holy Saturday with the following topics:
- The Work of the Vineyard
- On Doing Good
- The Prayer of Our Lord in the Garden
- Good Works
- The Reward
- The Need for Caution
- On Reforming Ourselves
- The Seed
- The Goodness of God
- The Remembrance of Our Lord’s Passion
- The Need to be Watchful
- Our Watch must be Ceaseless
- The Worship due to God
- How are We to Serve God?
- How We should Serve God on the Lord’s Day
- Our Lord is Scourged
- The Crown of Thorns
- The Grain of Wheat
- It was Fitting that Christ should be Tempted
- Christ had to be Tempted in the Desert
- Christ Underwent every Kind of Suffering
- How Great was the Sorrow of Our Lord in His Passion?
- It was Fitting that Christ should be Crucified with Thieves
- The Feast of the Holy Lance and the Nails of Our Lord
- The Love of God Shown in the Passion of Christ
- God the Father Delivered Christ to His Passion
- It was Fitting that Our Lord should Suffer at the Hand of the Gentiles
- The Passion of Christ Brought about Our Salvation because It was a Meritorious Act
- The Passion of Christ Brought about Our Salvation because It was an Act of Satisfaction
- The Passion of Christ Brought about Our Salvation because It was a Sacrifice
- Feast of the Holy Winding Sheet
- The Passion of Christ Wrought Our Salvation by Redeeming Us
- It is the Passion of Christ That has Freed Us from Sin
- The Passion of Christ has Delivered Us from the Devil
- Christ is Truly Our Redeemer
- The Price of Our Redemption
- The Preaching of the Samaritan Woman
- It is by the Passion of Christ that We have been Freed from the Punishment due to Sin
- The Passion of Christ Reconciles Us to God
- Christ by His Passion Opened to Us the Gates of Heaven
- Christ by His Passion Merited to be Exalted
- The Example of Christ Crucified
- The Divine Friend
- The Death of Lazarus
- The Precious Blood
- There was not Any more Fitting Way to Free the Human Race than through the Passion of Christ
- The Passion of Christ
- The Passion of Christ is Remedy against Sin
- The Burial of Christ
- On Being Buried Spiritually
- Which is the Greatest Sign of His Love Our Lord has Given Us?
- Our Lady’s Suffering in the Passion
- How We, Each of Us, should Wash One Another’s Feet
- Christ’s Passion Serves Us as an Example
- It is Necessary that We be Wholly Clean
- Christ Preparing to Wash the Apostle’s Feet
- Three Things are Symbolised by the Washing of the Feet
- The Last Supper
- The Death of Christ
- Why Our Lord Went Down to Limbo
$3.99 – Download it here. or the Lite Version is available for FREE.
Bible in Year Podcast (Free)
This one isn’t just for Lent, but you can hop into a HUGE community of people going through the Bible in Year. Fr. Mike Schmitz (Review Here). In The Bible in a Year podcast, Fr. Mike Schmitz walks you through the entire Bible in 365 episodes, providing commentary, reflection, and prayer along the way.
Unlike any other Bible podcast, Ascension’s Bible in a Year podcast follows a reading plan inspired by The Great Adventure Bible Timeline, a ground-breaking approach to understanding salvation history developed by renowned Catholic Bible scholar Jeff Cavins. For each period in the timeline, Jeff will join Fr. Mike for a special episode that will help you understand the context of each reading.
Listen and … Read the ENTIRE Bible
With this podcast, you won’t just read the Bible in a year … you’ll finally understand how all the pieces of the Bible fit together to tell an amazing story that continues in your life today!
Often referred to as the “Netflix for Catholics”AMAZING!!! Often referred to as the “Netflix for Catholics”, the FORMED iOS App by the Augustine Institute provides convenient mobile access to any FORMED subscriber. Just login with your existing FORMED credentials and access thousands of video-based study programs, movies, documentaries, audio talks, audiobooks and even eBooks onDemand.
Let these materials facilitate your spiritual journey as you try to more fully understand, live and share your Catholic Faith.
Don’t have a FORMED account yet? Visit the website to create an account.
Our Parish has an account, and we use it for Lent, In fact we gave up NETFLIX for lent, in order to go through more Formed.org content.
Via Crucis App
This developer We have a review over here of the Via Crucis App. Let the writings of St. Francis of Assisi help you to meditate on the Way of the Cross of Jesus Christ.
You can continue right where you left off if you get interrupted because this app would save the last station you meditate.
For your reading convenience you can adjust the font size. Tap an image to enter full screen, pinch to zoom and tap it again or swipe it to dismiss. Change the language of the content between English, Italian, French, and Portuguese right from within the app or from Settings app.
If you prefer to, you can hide or show the prayers (Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be) displayed at the end of each mystery.
Movies and Videos to watch during lent.